© 2009 454 & 459 RAAF Squadrons

1942 - 1945 Planned as one of the 17 Australian-manned squadrons for the Royal Air Force (RAF), 454 Squadron was formed on 23 May 1941.

Served in Aqir-Palestine, Amiriya-Egypt. Moved to Gambut III, Cyrenaica then to Berka III & joined Desert Air Force at Pescara, Italy, for close support of 8th Army operating out of Cesenatico, Italy


Historical Pictures of the 454 & 459 squadrons.

Videos of Anzac days and other relevant events

Stories, poem, squadron magazines and much more

1942 - 1945 No. 459 Squadron operated from six main bases and some ten detachment locations - a chain of airfields spanning 1000 miles of the North African coastline from the Bay of Sirte (Benghasi) to the Levant (Palestine and Lebanon) and to Southern Arabia.

More News...

459 Members

More 459 History

454 Members

More 454 History